Thursday, March 22, 2012

Before wilderness programs and therapeutic boarding schools there were ... military schools

I was sent to Linton Hall Military School, Bristow, Virginia. during the late 1960s. These are my memories and thoughts. If you're a new visitor, I suggest you read my oldest post first, and work your way up.

This is the headline of the blog: Linton Hall Military School alumni memories

Military schools used to be the last stop before juvenile hall. It was a time where the military took everyone and didn't look at the criminal record.

Those days are long gone and most military schools are good solid schools where the teenagers of course face challenges but also team-spirit and positive goals.

It seems that there always have been a path for parents who tend to avoid parental responsibility.

1 comment:

  1. I have been doing a lot of research on wilderness programs to send my kids for the summer. I am doing it so they have something fun to do while they're out of school and a place where they can meet new friends and have an experience not all kids will get. I don't think sending them to Military school for the summer to get disciplined is quit what I had in mind!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...