Sunday, January 5, 2014

Miss Ward at Midwest Academy (From Google +)

This testimony was found by a simple Google search. All rights goes to the original author

I spent 6 months at MWA, it was an awful experience for me.

I gained so much weight from the awful processed food they fed us, I didn't gain back that relationship with my parents considering I wrote to them in letters and saw them once before my father picked me up in August 2009, the staff there are not professionals! I would complain all the time of bladder problems and it would get shot down, finally I got some help and sure enough I had something wrong and was on medication, I would wake up in the middle of the night with severe bloody noses and get told to go back to sleep, not given any toilet paper or time to clean myself up.

When I would ask to talk to someone because I was feeling upset I was constantly told no, for what reason; still undetermined. It may have helped some people and I will admit I am a little grateful for being able to go instead of having to do community service and have charges against me, but the way we are treated there is like animals.

Once I left MWA, I was so scared to be out in public. I remember my mother taking me to Wal Mart and I cried because I was so scared because at MWA you're locked up from the outside world, can't even look outside windows. It's absolutely a ridiculous place with ridiculous rules. If you really want to help your child, take them to counseling and actually have a conversation with them, because this place does not work! As soon as my time was up my dad was there and ready to pick me up!

Sources:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...