Sunday, July 13, 2014

one more who was abused at Heartland Christian Academy (From Topix)

I'll tell you some of my expierence. I was sent there because i was about to out my mom the family when i arriveed i was told not to (jump out of the car) because there were men in the woods waiting. this was my second boarding school and i had been in juvi and in child servicesbefore, and jail after. Heartland was hell in 2 yrs i was able to go to the mall once which isnt the worse but i was abandoned by my parent so i had no income no way to get clothes and such however most of my supplies were takin care of by heartland of debowed from other guys sorry bros i just had some needslol. for all who dont know debowed would be stolen. i wasnt allowed to get a job untill i was "saved" which then came the fake it to make it. it was not hell every day but close. i did get my money when i left sorry some of yall didnt. I remember getting beat so bad i could sit, i remember when they went to handswats on top of ass beatings. I remember having to do hours of pt's after school for looking at chicks and failing tests because i didnt understand the work and then going back to the dorm to get swats.i did deserve some swats and maybe more but most of the time they were unjustified. I remember getting 10 swatson the arse than 10 on each hand. id seen a kid getting swatted so hard he went over a chair. the paddle used was 2 inches thick and about a foot long minus the handle i believe. i remember there being hours of quiet time many kids punished for nothing. the mental abuse was the worse. everything we did was wrong as an adult i know that swats arent abuse but the way they gave them in large numbers was i remember after school up to 25 boys in line for swats and this was every school day. getting swatted for false accusations and because a certain staff had it out for me. i rememer favortism was horrible there was a top click and they got pretty much whatever they wanted within the limits, we did go to the park everyonce in while but very few of us i remember swimming in the lake they had, there were great times, and i made some amazing friends that we stll talk this is a true testimony, there was good times, sometimes a fair and truly well hearted staff would get us out a day would usually go ...up early for at least 30 mins of pts then in for breakfast off to school then back to the dorm then quiet time then dinner then a couple of hours of "free time" to be in the halls then some sort of church then bed time swats were unjust they were not meant for correction grown men would put everything they had into the swing and one that i know of would get a running start and 1 would do a hop skip and a jump into the swing. one would toss the paddle into the air catch it to show his talent and then swat ya. the hand paddle was 6 inches long half inch thck rubber bout 2 inches wide and would be swung from the 12 oclock position to the 3oclock position coming from a man i rememeber leaving the office with welts on my purple palms i had my wisdom teeth pulled all 4 of them got back to the dorm and they wouldnt give me my pain medication cause it had codene in it the teachers have no degrees when i came they were not allowed to work us n the cow shit but i remember countless hours in the field blazing hot sun 12 hrs and only 1 small cup of water i saw one child got thrown into dirt and humiliated by the staff and had to finish 4 hours of labor covered in mud from head to toe we were pushed constantly to the point of tears than past that to degredation and then when we flipped out swated you could sneak notes to girls but very rarely and then they made it to where we only saw them at church ive seen many called out in the middle of the church and humiliated publically.i remember being told my mom ddnt love me which was true for me but for others was dead wrong. when i left i was told i would fail and be dead in 5 yrs its been 8 didnt happen and i am very succesful. I did get divorced I feel mostly due to Heartland cause it made me a control freak.

1 comment:

  1. Your experience is right on!
    I commend you for sharring.
    My artical about my experience regarding to Heartland is on kbia.org.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...