Sunday, February 15, 2015

Hannah at Real Gorge Academy and Red River Academy (fra safeteenschools.org)

This testimony was given on the webpage Safe Teen School by the student Hannah. All rights goes to the original author.

I went to Royal Gorge in August 2008 and left in October 2008 when it was shut down and sent to Red River Academy.

A girl was forced to stay in intervention spread eagle with a chaperone sitting on her i dont remember the staffs name. I got along with all staff cause i was the baby in both my families i was in. I was pulled after being in a program for two years. We hardly got medical care. The nurse Alicia Hall is being charged with neglect because she almost killed a student by giving her the wrong medication. We always had food but had to be forced to eat if we were to skinny and had to eat all our food and if we were to fat we had to eat 50 percent of our food.

I know of all the 45 students at Royal Gorge all of us were suposed to go to Red River and maybe 11 us went the rest just dissappeared throughout the night. We were forced to drink 8 bottles of water a day at Red River with maybe two bathroom breaks and we couldnt go during school otherwise it was a cat 3, which is 50 points taken away.

I got out August 18, 2010 two days before my two year date. My aunt took me saying i was going to live with a family friend and go to school down there. I almost went home when Royal Gorge closed but my family rep lied and said that' i need more serious help and that going home would be a disaster. My relationship with my aunt who was my guardian is horrible because as soon as i got home she started abusing me.

Royal Gorge Academy closed shortly after the director was convicted of voilence against a student for which he was sentenced of one count each of third-degree assault and false imprisonment


Sources:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...