Thursday, February 6, 2014

Feedbacks about Eagle Ranch Academy near St. George in Utah - Volume I

We have searched the Internet about Eagle Ranch Academy in Utah. We have gathered feedbacks from both former students and parents of former students. All rights go to the original authors:


"Decieved mother of 1" stated:

This place is a torture chamber for youth! My daughter is currently incarerated there & I can't get her out! They brainwash these children, physically & emotionally abuse them, force them to go through emotional "growth" seminars that are humilating & degrading. Their website is a complete LIE. Google Dr. Moody who is currently employed by ERA. He use to work for the CIA ,they are using the same methods the CIA & government uses that have been considered inhumane and against the Geneva Conventions! DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILD TO THIS LOCK DOWN PRISON!! Staff members have molested children there, they do not get a proper education, they are forced to carry large stacks of books around for days, they are forced to carry around large back packs full of sand & rocks at all times for punishment, children have been physically beaten& molested. DO NOT SIGN YOUR RIGHTS AWAY!They ARE NOT regulated by the state of Utah as they claim to be. If your child is currently in ERA, GET THEM OUT NOW!!!!

Lili stated: FIND ANOTHER WAY

This place is torture. i was there about a year ago and i still can't seem to move past it. It has emotionally scared me. The treatment tactics are inhumane and abusive. I haven't been able to get past the sense of worthlessness that i felt when i was there. I felt as though nothing i did or said mattered and i deserved everything that came to me. I was a bad kid so i deserved to carry around this backpack filled with sand. I was a bad kid so i deserved to be put on ghost for months at a time. ( ghost is when absolutely no one can talk to you or associate with you in any way.. its like you don't exist) I would never recommend sending your child to one of these places. find different alternatives. No parent should ever sign the costody of their child away to some institution they saw online. (by the way the website lies about everything)

decline to state stated: find another way

i was a student at eagle ranch academy for 5 months. i am now an adult trying to make something of myself. looking back on the experience, i cant believe these people are still in business. the staff uses threats or force to get things done if anyone defies them. the psychiatrist that shows up once a month or so doesnt think twice about putting still-developing young adults on serious medications that arent used for fully grown adults today. the food is an unhealthy mess, i myself gained 50 pounds in my 5 months, its been 2 years since i arrived there and im still struggling to lose the weight. any student who resists the program is 'staffed,' a process involving psychological torture on a daily basis, in order to 'break' the unruly students spirit. im writing this for a number of reasons. 1. so that parents dont blow away their life savings on this sham of a program 2. so that teens and young adults dont have to go through a drug induced brainwashing 3. i still cant sleep sometimes

Jude stated: Don't do it!

I was forced into ERA 3 years ago and it still effects me to this day. I honestly don't know how this place hasn't been shut down yet. I thought for sure someone would of spoken up by now. I will never forget some of the traumatic events that occured while i was at ERA and it is safe to say the program DOES NOT work. Parents--please don't waist you're money. These people are psychos, they took from me 8 months of my life i can never take back... I would not wish this place on my worst enemies, never mind my own children. Please, if you are a parent thinking on sending your child here, I have a first hand perspective.. it doesn't work. save your money.


Sources:




1 comment:

  1. For the people who have gone there and have had negative experiences, what do you think would have been a better solution? How do you think your parents, your family, and yourself would have been able to handle the situation better? I am looking for help for a troubled teen in my family and do not like the idea of sending her away to a place with other troubled teens; I would rather send her to boarding school. Please share your story and what you think would have been a better solution. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...